Ideal for high-volume, high security ID card programs.
- Reviews (0)
- Printing Capability: Single-sided
- Print Technology: Reverse transfer
- Print Speed: Full color single-sided cards in 45 seconds
- Input/Output Hopper: 100/100
Designed for high-volume ID card issuance, the Magicard Prima 8 Uno is a powerful single-sided printer that produces durable and secure IDs for a wide range of applications.
High-Quality Reverse Transfer Printing
The printer uses an innovative reverse-transfer printing process in which card images are first printed on the underside of a clear film. The film is then affixed to the card surface. The resulting ID cards feature clear and detailed images and text, and are well-protected from tampering.
Reverse-transfer printing is also the preferred method when creating cards with uneven surfaces, for instance those with embedded electronics.
Easy High-Volume Card Management
The Magicard Prima 8 is built to handle the needs of high-volume, high-security applications such as government ID programs, corporate identification programs, and many more. The printer supports Ethernet connectivity for remote operation over a network.
While it’s designed for large-scale ID card issuance, the Prima 8 Uno is very user-friendly. Ribbon and reverse-transfer film cartridges slide into place without hassle, and the printer’s graphical driver displays automatic cleaning prompts and consumables status updates. The Prima 8 Uno works very fast and is capable of producing up to 80 full-color cards in an hour.
Printer Options & Upgrades
- The Prima 8 comes with these printer options and upgrades:
- Dual-sided printing
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- Single-sided & dual-sided printing
Printing Speeds (sec/card)
- 36 seconds (full-color (YMCK) single-sided card)
Input Hopper Capacity
Output Hopper Capacity
Card Sizes Accepted
- CR80 – standard PVC or PET (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)
Card Thickness Accepted
- 10-40 mil
- USB 2.0 & Ethernet
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (SP4), 2003 (R2 SP2) & 2008 Server, XP, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit) & Windows 10 (32- & 64-bit)
Weight & Dimensions
- 34.1 lbs (15.5 kg), 13.5” x 13” x 12.6” (343mm x 320mm x 330mm)
- USB cable
- Microsoft Windows drivers CD
- Power cord
- Instructional manual
- Encoding –
- Magnetic stripe
- Contact chip module
- Contactless encoder – MIFARE, DESFire, & HID iClass – Please allow additional lead time for this option
- Field-upgradeable lamination
- Single-sided inline lamination unit module
- Dual-sided inline lamination unit module