Retransfer printer ideal for creating secure, multi-function cards for high demand printing applications
Order using the buttons below
- Reviews (0)
The industrial Fargo HDP8500 dual-sided printer with magnetic stripe encoding delivers reliable, high duty performance, meeting the high demand and security needs of large organizations. It features high definition printing (HDP) – also known as retransfer printing – for superior print quality on virtually any card type.
The Fargo HDP8500 dual-sided card printer with magnetic stripe encoding is loaded with features to ensure reliability and efficiency, including dual input hoppers, enhanced card and consumable material handling, and a built-in air filtration system. A number of security features ensure the system is protected from unauthorized use. The system is backed by a 3-year printer warranty and a lifetime printhead warranty.
High-definition printing (HDP)
Traditional dye sublimation printers, ribbon and cards come in direct contact with the printhead. This can affect image quality and even cause damage to your printhead if you are using cards that have smart chips, or embedded antennas and circuits. In contrast, the Fargo dual-sided HDP8500 printer with magnetic stripe encoding prints your images on HDP film that is then fused to your card via heat and pressure, producing flawless printing on any surface. This technology, also known as retransfer printing, makes it an ideal choice for printing on technology cards.
The Fargo HDP8500 dual-sided printer with mag stripe encoding delivers reliable, high-duty performance. It’s designed to meet the high demand found in large government entities, service bureaus, universities, and large enterprises. With a heavy duty metal enclosure, dual input hoppers, and powerful stepper motors, the HDP8500 dual-sided printer can endure long print shifts and requires minimal operator intervention, saving time and money. In addition, the printer has multi-processing capabilities to improve productivity; for example, the system can print a card while encoding a second card and laminating a third.
Built-in security for printer and consumables
The Fargo HDP8500 printer with mag encoder features the highest level of security available. The printer has physical locks on all access points to protect the ribbon, film, and printed and unprinted cards. In addition to the physical locks, electronic PIN access can be required to accept print jobs. To protect electronic data that passes through the printer, it uses advanced encryption standard (AES) 256 and a resin-erase feature to remove personal data on ribbon panels.
Card durability and security
In addition to printer security, the Fargo HDP8500 printer allows you to implement a number of security features into your cards, including UV printing, holographic retransfer film, holographic lamination, and more.
The Fargo HDP8500 printer is ideal for ID cards that need to last. It works with durable consumables to ensure a long card life. Clear and holographic lamination provides additional card durability and security. Plus, you can optionally use an extra durable retransfer film for greater abrasion resistance.
Enhanced system reliability for challenging environments
The Fargo HDP8500 is designed to withstand the most challenging operating environments, including non-climate controlled areas, high heat, and dust. An airflow and filtration system, dust seals, and internal temperature sensors maintain optimal printing conditions within the unit. In-line cleaning stations remove card debris through the printing process to prevent defective card prints and printer jams.
The Fargo HDP8500 provides easy-to-understand status messages and instructions via its 3.2” touch screen display – an industry first!
Built-in USB and Ethernet connectivity
Your card issuance application does not have to be limited to a stand-alone badging station. Operate your card printing and encoding application safely and seamlessly over your network with the Fargo HDP8500’s built-in Ethernet connectivity and internal print server. The printer is additionally fitted with USB connectivity.
Magnetic stripe encoding
The Fargo HDP8500 comes standard with magnetic stripe encoding to combine your photo ID application with other applications such as access control, time and attendance tracking, debit transacting and more!
Flexible upgrade options
The scalability of the HDP8500 allows you to upgrade your printer at any time down the road for added functionality and productivity. Optional upgrades for the Fargo 88501 include:
- Dual-sided Simultaneous Lamination – allows you to laminate both sides of your card with clear or holographic lamination for added card durability and security.
- Card Flattener – the card flattener prevents card warping when using heat-sensitive PVC cards.
- Andon Production Status Light Module – increase card production and efficiency with this highly-visible printer status indicator light that can be seen from across the room.
- WiFi Accessory for Fargo Ethernet-enabled Printers – Wi-Fi Connectivity The HDP5000 can be upgrade with an optional wif-fi module allowing you to connect your printer to the network wirelessly!
- Contact or Contactless Card Encoding – add card encoding options as your technology needs grow – even combine multiple card encoding options in a single printer.
Optional card printer training
Get your new Fargo HDP8500 card printer up and running in no time with a training session from our in-house Technical Support team. We will tailor your training around your specific printer and your specific needs. A card printer training session may include topics such as:
ID card printer installation assistance
How to load the ribbon and cards
A review of the printer’s user interface
Special printer features and how to use them
- Government agencies/departments
- Service bureaus
- Medium to large organizations
- Financial institutions
- Healthcare facilities and research labs
- Single-sided & dual-sided printing
Printing Speeds (sec/card)
- 24 seconds (full-color (YMC) single-sided card)
- 29 seconds (full-color (YMCK) single-sided card)
- 40 seconds per dual-sided full-color (YMCKK) card
Input Hopper Capacity
- Dual Hoppers – 200 each
Output Hopper Capacity
- Operating: 46 dB (A)
Card Sizes Accepted
- CR80 – standard PVC or PET (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)
Card Thickness Accepted
- 30-50 mil
- USB & Ethernet with internal print server
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10 ; Linux
Mac OS X v10.4/v10.5
Weight & Dimensions
- 61 lbs (27.7 kg), 15.5” H x 28.2” W x 14.0” D (394mm x 716mm x 356mm)
- USB cable
- US/International power cords
- CD with printer drivers & user guide
- Field Upgradable Encoding Modules –
- ISO magnetic stripe – Included
- Smart card encoding – iCLASS, MIFARE/DESFire (Asure ID Exchange is recommended for encoding on Fargo printers)
- Proximity card encoding – HID Prox
- Contact smart card docking station *(not available until July 2012)
- Simultaneous duplex lamination module
- Card flattener module
- Andon light module
- WiFi Accessory for Fargo Ethernet-enabled Printers
Fargo by HID HDP8500 Printer Downloads
Visit the Fargo by HID support page to find the latest HDP8500 drivers and firmware: