Dual-sided high-volume, photo-quality ID card printer.
Order using the buttons below
- Reviews (1)
Fargo HDP5000 Overview
- Printing Capability: Dual-sided
- Print Technology: Reverse transfer
- Print Speed: Full color dual-sided cards in 40 seconds, and laminated cards in 48 seconds
- Input/Output: 200/200
Fargo has once again proven itself as the ID card industry leader with the introduction of the HDP5000 high definition printer/encoder. In today’s high-security world, many companies and organizations have a need for ID cards that go beyond simple photo IDs.
Modular Design for Flexible Printing
The modular design of the HDP5000 allows users to easily upgrade the machine for card applications requiring various encoding options, as well as single or duplex laminating. For organizations that issue multiple types of cards, a 200 dual-card hopper allows users to easily switch between two different types of cards. This is a machine that can change with you, as your organization grows.
Ethernet connectivity comes standard with the Fargo HDP5000. This allows multiple authorized users to operate the printer over a network. The machine is also equipped with USB connectivity.
With cartridge-based ribbons, cards, and lamination, reloading and maintaining the HDP5000 is literally a snap. The cleaning process is simple, and each Fargo ribbon comes with a cleaning roller. Operators of the machine are aided by a SmartScreen LCD panel which provides prompts and status messages in several languages.
High-Quality Reverse Transfer Cards
One of the hallmarks of the HDP5000 is its outstanding print quality. For clear and detailed images and text, there’s no better choice than high definition printing. With Fargo high definition printing, the images are first printed on a special film which is then fused to the card’s surface.
Aside from looking fantastic, cards produced by high definition printing are also more durable because of the extra layer of protection. This layer also makes the cards more secure and tamper resistant. And for printing on uneven card surfaces, such as those containing embedded electronics, the Fargo HDP5000 produces clean consistent results every time, thanks to the use of high definition film in the printing process.
Printer Options & Upgrades
- The Fargo HDP5000 is available with the following upgrades:
- Lamination(either single or dual-sided)
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- Smart card encoding
- Single-sided & dual-sided printing
Printing Speeds (sec/card)
- 24 seconds (full-color (YMC) single-sided card)
- 29 seconds (full-color (YMCK) single-sided card)
- 40 seconds (full-color (YMCKK) dual-sided card)
Input Hopper Capacity
Output Hopper Capacity
- Peak: 65 dB @ 1m
Card Sizes Accepted
- CR80 – (CR80 is the size of a standard credit card)
Card Thickness Accepted
- 30-50 mil
- USB & Ethernet with internal print server
Print Resolution DPI
- 300 DPI
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Vista (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit); Linux*
- *For specifications on Linux version compatibility, please refer to the printer brochure or call us at (855) 212-6918 x2.
Weight & Dimensions
- 22 lbs (10 kg), 17.50” W x 11.50” H x 9.25” D (445mm x 292mm x 235mm)
- USB 2.0 cable
- US/International power cords
- CD with printer drivers & user guide
- Quick start guide
- Encoding –
- Magnetic stripe (field-upgradeable)
- Contact/contactless smart card encoding (field-upgradeable, Asure ID Exchange is recommended for encoding on Fargo printers)
- Dual-sided printing module (field-upgradeable)
- Lamination module (field-upgradeable)
- Door & cartridge security locks
- WiFi Module
Fargo by HID HDP5000 Printer Downloads
Visit the Fargo by HID support page to find the latest HDP5000 drivers and firmware: