The DTC5500LMX is a powerful and efficient dual-sided ID card printer with lamination.
Order using the buttons below
- Reviews (0)
Fargo DTC5500LMX Overview
- Printing Capability: Dual-sided
- Print Technology: Dye sublimation
- Print Speed: Full color, dual-sided cards in 24 seconds & monochrome in 6
- Input/Output Hopper: 200 (dual input hoppers)/100
Designed specifically for high volume printing needs, the new Fargo DTC5500LMX is a powerful ID card printer with advanced lamination options. The special eco-friendly lamination reduces was by up to 50% over traditional systems, helping you keep costs and waste low.
Powerful ID Card Printing
This ID card printer has everything you need to quickly, efficiently, and affordably print a high volume of ID cards – including the fastest start up time in the industry with HID Global’s patent-pending iON™ technology getting the printer ready to laminate within 45 seconds of starting.
The DTC5500LMX also comes standard with dual input card hoppers, Ethernet connectivity, dual-sided printing, and dual-sided lamination. High yield ribbons and overlaminates reduce downtime between card runs so you can print more efficiently.
Durable, Long-lasting Laminated Cards
Standard clear lamination film provides a base level of protection from wear and tampering, and clear overlaminates are available for standard CR80 cards, magnetic stripe cards, and smart chip cards.
Need to prevent UV damage to cards that are exposed to sunlight? UV protecting overlaminate is also available for many styles of cards. And if you need additional security, holographic overlaminate make it easier to stop card tampering and illegal duplication.
And the lamination ribbons for this printer have a reduced waste design, without the traditional use of two spools – instead a single spool is used, cutting the amount of waste in half. Additionally, the film is perforated and tears away from the rest of the film when used, leaving no waste or unused edges behind.
There are two ways to laminate cards on the DTC5500LMX. You can do single or dual-sided lamination even with the base model of the printer, if you use the same type of lamination on both sides of the card. If you need to use a different style of lamination for one side, like a full card clear overlaminate on the front and a half panel laminate on the back with a magnetic stripe card, you will need to upgrade to the dual material lamination option.
Printer Options & Upgrades
- The DTC5500LMX is available with the following upgrades:
- Dual material lamination
- WiFi module
- Locking card hoppers
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- Smart card encoding
Click here to learn more!
- Single-sided & dual-sided printing
Printing Speeds (sec/card)
- 6 seconds (monochrome (K) single-sided card)
- 16 seconds (full-color (YMCKO) single-sided card)
- 24 seconds( full-color front (YMCKOK) dual-sided card)
Input Hopper Capacity
- Dual Hoppers – 100 each (200 total)
Output Hopper Capacity
- 100 cards
Card Sizes Accepted
- CR80 (the size of a standard credit card)
Card Thickness Accepted
- 30-40 mil
- USB 2.0 & Ethernet with internal print server
Print Resolution DPI
- 300 DPI
- Windows 10,Windows 8,Windows 7,Windows Server 2003,Windows Server 2008,Windows Server 2012,Mac OS X
Weight & Dimensions
- 39 lbs (17.7kg), 12.9″ x 34.9″ x 9.3″ (327.7mm x 866.5mm x 236.2mm)
- USB cable
- US/International power cords
- CD with printer drivers & user guide
Fargo by HID DTC55LMX Printer Downloads
Visit the Fargo by HID support page to find the latest DTC55LMX drivers and firmware: