User-friendly, compact and cost-effective solution
The Zenius printer is designed for single-sided printing of any type of plastic cards.
Zenius generates color or monochrome cards, individually or in small runs, with top quality results. Zenius is ideal for instant issuance of single-sided cards:
• Employee badges
• Access control badges
• Membership cards
• Loyalty cards/gift cards
• Transit passes
Order using the buttons below
- Reviews (0)
Compact, easy to use and professional
As part of the Evolis Zenius’ eco-design, Evolis has aimed at reducing the environmental footprint of their products:
- uses recycled materials in the manufacture of our printers and consumables whenever possible,
- designs compact and lightweight printers to reduce CO2 emissions from transportation and packaging,
- reduces the power consumption of its printers (ErP Directive 2009) through a very economical hibernation mode.
Zenius printers produce professional results thanks to the 300 dpi resolution and edge to edge printing. Your logos, photos, barcodes, and text are rendered perfectly on your cards, conveying a positive image of your organization.
Zenius packs all its advanced features into a very small footprint. Hardly larger than a standard sheet of paper, Zenius is also very quiet – 46 decibels in operation – and fits perfectly into any environment, be it the office or a customer service counter.
Ease of use
Zenius was designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
- You insert your cards individually or use the automatic feeder, and the final product is delivered on the front of the printer.
- With the Evolis Premium Suite® software you can receive notifications and easily control the printer from your computer.
- Evolis High Trust® ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
Zenius was developed specifically for printing cards individually or in small runs. You can print as needed, when needed, in quantities that are right for you. Zenius can print a color card in 30 seconds and up to 150 color cards per hour, so you and your customers don’t have to wait.
A long term vision
Evolis Zenius is incredibly flexible. Suitable for multiple applications, the «Expert» version of the printer features combinable encoding functions: magnetic encoding, contact and contactless chips. It takes just a few minutes to install these modules!
Zenius printers undergo quality and compliance testing to guarantee their robustness and performance, so you can be sure that your investment will last. What’s more, Evolis offers an extended warranty option for extra peace of mind.
Zenius GO Pack
All-in-one solution to create your cards from databases
Evolis proposes a new reference of the all-in-one pack for Zenius.
Evolis Zenius GO Pack contains everything you need to create single-sided cards from your existing databases:
- Zenius card printer
- cardPresso XS card design software – Connects to databases: Excel, .csv and .txt formats
- YMCKO color ribbon for 200 prints
- 100 PVC cards – 30mil – 0,76 mm
The Zenius GO Pack is an ideal package that offers the best value for your money!
Click here to learn more about the Evolis Zenius card printer!
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- Single-sided printing, edge-to-edge
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 million colors
- 16MB memory (RAM), 32 MB for the Expert version
- Colors available: fire red & grey brown
- Color (YMCKO): 120 – 150 cards/hour1
- Monochrome: 400 – 500 cards/hour
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules on the Expert version:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816-2
- Contact smart card encoder – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1
- Contactless smart card encoder – ISO 14443A, B, ISO15693, Mifare, DesFire, HID iCLASS
- Other specific encoders upon request
- Internal USB ports
- Options can be combined
- Factory-installed or installed on-site
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led) on the Expert version
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding
- Printer LEDs
- Graphical notifications from the printer2: cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert, etc.
Card management and specifications
- Automatic or manual feeding
- Feeder capacity: 50 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 20 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 0.76 mm (10 to 30 mil), gauge adjustment
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- Composite PVC cards
- PET cards
- ABS cards1
- Special varnished cards1
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
- Delivered with Evolis Premium Suite® for Windows®:
- Printer driver
- Evolis Print Center for printer administration and settings
- Evolis Printer Manager for graphical notification3
- 24/7 online support
- Compatible with Windows® (32/64 bits): XP SP3, Vista,W7, W8, W10
- Delivered with cardPresso XXS Lite for designing and editing badges:
- Internal database up to 50 records
- Windows® (from XP onwards) and Mac OS X
- Delivered with a driver for Mac OS X (from 10.5 onwards)
- Linux OS upon request
- Evolis Premium SDK for remote supervision of the printer, while facilitating and speeding up integration into IT systems
Eco-friendly design, certifications and statement of compliance
- Standby, sleep modes & reduced energy consumption
- CE, FCC, IEC, VCCI, CCC, KC, BIS, EAC
Size and weight
- Size (H x W x D): 195 x 205 x 315 mm (7.68’’ x 8.07’’ x 12.4’’)
- Weight: 3.3kg (7.3lbs)
- 2-year warranty (printer and printhead)4
- Warranty extension available as an option
1 Under specific conditions / 2 Depends on the Windows® version / 3 Requires the .net 4.0 client profile version / 4 Warranty subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® ribbons.