The Evolis Quantum is ideal for high volume printing applications.
Order using the buttons below
- PRODUCT BROCHURES
- Reviews (0)
Evolis Quantum Overview
- Printing: Single-sided, Double-sided
- Encoding: Magnetic stripes, Smart contact, Smart contactless
- Card security level: High
- Performance: 150 card per hour in full color
The Evolis Quantum card printer is the solution for printing and encoding cards in large volumes.
It personalizes the cards front and back, in color or monochrome, with a printing speed of more than 1000 cards per hour.
The Quantum combines the feel of a desktop printer with the power of an industrial printer for centralized production of plastic cards in large quantities.
The Quantum is ideal for delivering large volumes of:
- ID badges
- Loyalty cards
- Transit passes
- Event badges
- Student cards
- Payment cards
- Phone cards
How the Evolis Quantum Increases productivity
Thanks to its feed tray and stacker with a capacity of 500 cards each, the Evolis Quantum printer can deliver more than 1000 cards per hour in monochrome and more than 150 cards in color. With the reversible encoding module that is independent of the print module, the cards are encoded and printed in a single pass.
Ease of use with the Evolis Quantum
Evolis Quantum was designed to simplify and speed up everyday operation and maintenance:
- Load and retrieve the cards without removing the storage trays (on unlocked version)
- Check the card level at a glance
- LCD display showing printer status and consumable levels.
Evolis Quantum can handle large volumes of cards with very high print quality, providing a very economical alternative to industrial card printers. You can produce your cards yourself instead of having to go to an outside provider.
The printer comes standard with a removable encoding module for combined encoding of magnetic stripes, contact smart cards and contactless cards. Quantum can be customized on-site to meet your specific needs as they evolve.
Quantum is also available in a secure version
The Evolis Quantum has an optional central locking feature to protect access to consumables (cards and ribbon) and to the encoding module, to make your card issuance system safe and secure.
Evolis Quantum’s components, including its metal frame, were selected to ensure durability and reliability over time. The sealed cover, as well as the cleaning process, effectively protect against
dust and dirt. Thanks to Quantum’s top-quality design, you can be sure that your investment will last.
Peace of mind guaranteed
With our standard warranty covering 500,000 insertions the first year and our optional warranty extensions, you don’t have to worry about a thing.
To learn more about the Evolis Quantum Click Here
- 2 configurations:
- Standard version without locking mechanism
- Version with centralized locking system
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- Single-sided and dual-sided printing module
- Edge-to-edge printing
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16MB memory (RAM) allowing two-card storages (front & back)
- Interchangeable input and output hoppers, capacity of 500 cards each (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Aluminum body, black plastic covers
- Single side:
- Color (YMCKO): 150 cards/hour
- Monochrome: 1000 cards/hour
- Dual side:
- Color (YMCKO-K): 115 cards/hour
- Monochrome: 320 cards/hour
Additional pack offer
- Quantum Production Pack: 1 detachable card hopper with short door, 2 cleaning rollers, 1 cleaning kit
- Quantum Backup Pack: 1 print head, 1 reversible encoding module, 1 detachable card hopper with short door
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- Centralized locking system (optional) to secure access to the whole system (incl. cards and ribbon)
- 2-line LCD display
- Status LED for printer and encoding unit monitoring
Additional encoding modules
- Reversible upper and lower encoding unit for magnetic stripes and contact smart cards (patented)
- HiCo/LoCo magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 or JIS2
- Smart contact station – ISO 7816-2
- Connecting panel and mounting area for users own integration of encoding units
- Encoding options:
- Smart encoding unit – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1
- Contactless encoding unit – ISO14443A & B, Mifare, DesFire, HID iCLASS
- Other types upon request
Card management and specifications
- Detachable and interchangeable card input feeder and output stacker with 500 cards capacity (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Reject hopper for defective cards with a capacity of 20 cards (0,76mm – 30mil)
- Detachable hopper (long or short doors) with a capacity of 500 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil) as an option
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- Composite PVC cards
- PET cards
- ABS cards1
- Special varnished cards1
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
- Thickness: 0.76mm to 1mm (30 to 40 mil)
- Delivered with cardPresso XXS for designing and editing badges:
- Internal database (unlimited records)
- Windows® (from XP onwards) and Mac OS X
- Windows® (32/64 bits): XP SP3, Vista, W7, W8, W10
- Mac OS X v10.4 and higher (upon request)
- Linux (upon request)
Certifications and statement of compliance
- CE, FCC, VCCI, ICES
Size and weight
- Size (H x W x D):
- Without hoppers: 215 x 300 x 850 mm (8.46” x 11.81” x 33.46”)
- With hoppers: 567 x 300 x 850 mm (22.32” x 11.81” x 33.46”)
- Weight: 21.7 kg / 47.8 lbs (18.3 kg / 40.3 lbs without hoppers)
- 1-year warranty (printer and print head) limited to 500,000 passes)3
- Warranty extension available as an option
1 Under specific conditions / 2 Depending on the printer model / 3 Warranty subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® ribbons. An insertion is equivalent to printing a card on one side or encoding it.