The Evolis Elypso printer was designed for all your individual plastic card printing and personalization needs: monochrome or color, with multiple encoding options.
Specially developed for use at customer-facing counters, Elypso fits seamlessly with your existing systems and is your best choice for instant card personalization.
- Reviews (0)
The Evolis Elypso is a modular and compact card printer
Configuration on demand
The Evolis Elypso printers are fully modular. Not only can Elypso print either single or dual sided cards, it can also be equipped with encoders for magnetic stripe and contact and contactless smart cards.
The software architecture of Evolis Premium Suite® was designed to make Elypso fit seamlessly with your existing computer systems.
Professional print quality
Evolis Elypso uses the same print engine as our Primacy printer, which offers photographic print quality (resolution 300 dpi).
Optimal color rendering and edge-to-edge color or monochrome printing ensure professional quality cards.
Very compact (barely bigger than a standard letter size sheet of paper) and quiet (48 decibels in operation), Elypso is discreet and has a small footprint.
The cables and connectors are located at the rear to reduce cable clutter.
Friendly and fast for the long term
Ease of use
Elypso is so easy to use, you can start printing cards immediately. There’s no need to spend time and money on training.
Thanks to Elypso’s unique front-loading design, insertion and retrieval of cards makes it easy to access even in tight spaces.
With the Evolis Premium Suite® software you can receive notifications and easily control the printer from your computer.
Evolis High Trust® printing ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
Less waiting time
With the Evolis Elypso, get a personalized dual-sided color card in less than 30 seconds!
Save time and impress your clients with fast card delivery, that will boost your organization’s brand image.
The Evolis Elypso is designed with carefully selected materials, and our quality and compliance testing guarantee high reliability so you save on maintenance and/or repair costs.
In addition, Elypso is upgradeable so you can manage your investment as your needs evolve.
Learn more about the Evolis Elypso Here
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- Edge-to-edge printing, single-sided, upgrade kit for dual-sided printing as an option
- Standard 300 x 300 dpi resolution
- Customizable 300 x 600 dpi resolution (color and monochrome printing) or 300 x 1200 dpi resolution (monochrome printing only)
- 32 MB memory (RAM) standard – optional 64 MB1
- Single side :
- Color (YMCKO): 20.2 s per card
- Monochrome: 6.5 s per card
- Dual side (YMCKO-K): 27.3 s per card
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- 802.11b/g wireless connection as an option
Card management and specifications
- Manual feeder: card to card printing
- Reject tray: 30 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil) as an option
- Card thickness: 0.50 to 1.25 mm (20 to 50 mil), no gauge adjustment, case by case for the 0.25 mm/10 mil plastic cards
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- Composite PVC cards
- PET cards
- ABS cards1
- Special varnished cards1
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816-2
- Contact smart card encoder – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1
- Contactless smart card encoder – ISO 14443A, B, ISO15693, Mifare, DesFire, HID iCLASS, UHF (standard compliance:
- EPC C1 Gen2 / ISO18000-6C ETSI EN 302 208 or FCC part 15.247)
- Other specific encoders upon request
- Internal USB or IP ports
- Options can be combined
- Factory-installed or installed on site
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding1
- Printer LEDs
- Color touch screen as an option
- Graphical notifications from the printer2: cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert, etc.
Evolis High Trust® Ribbons
To maximise the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- Automatic identification and setting
- Delivered in a drop-in cassette for easy handling
- Ribbon saver for monochrome printing